Friday, August 13, 2010

Class Exercise 5 - Juxtaposition (Analogy)

lectured by Mr. Ahmad Radzi Bedu

ANALOGY
- Is a comparison based on such similarity
- Consists of
◦ Metaphor
◦ Simile

METAPHOR
◦ Can be define as one thing is on behalf of another idea
◦ Comparison without using like or as

Example of metaphor
The road was a ribbon of moonlight
Time is a thief

SIMILE
◦ Sets two idea side by side
◦ Comparison by using like or as

Example of simile
As easy as ABC
As sweet as chocolate

Class Exercise
POEM WRITING

In the exercise, we were given few pictures and create a passage at least 4 lines of sentence to describe based on the picture.

◦ Describe the CONCEPT OF LOVE



Love is like chili...
I love you because your talking is as hot as chili
Always make me feel hot
Give me unforgettable memory
Remain the hottest words in my heart forever

◦ Describe the CONCEPT OF MAN or WOMAN



Woman is like mortar and pestle...
As hard as mortar and pestle to be defeated
Deep down all men to justify themselves
Showing strenght to one another
By using the hard work


◦ Describe the CONCEPT OF LOVE or LIFE



Love is like a cup of tea...
Sometimes it seems too hot,
Somtimes it seems too cold,
If u don't add sugar,
The taste will be very light.


◦ Describe the CONCEPT OF HAPPINESS



Happiness is just like time...
Hapiness appears from time to time,
Different time has different hapiness,
Once the time is finish,
Hapiness will become memory.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a poem i would like to share on this week.

Sweet death

In the darkest hours I dream
Feel the presence of your form come though the fog
In my mind, creeping slowly
Moving along the very essence of my thoughts
And I float..

'Awww, sweet death..'
I feel you.

Above all I feel my body move
Towards your darkened form
Your hands held out towards me
Grasping at my mind
Beckoning me closer towards your salvation.

Yet you let me linger, sweet death
Hold me just so close, yet still let me feel freedom
The touch of your fingers barely grasping me
Holding my thoughts prisoner
Yet still releasing me in the end.

What is it you want from me
Oh sweet death?

I feel your breath beckoning
Your darkness calling to me
Your hand reaching out for me.

Yet you slowly stay above,
Close, but still so far.

Yet I welcome you..

Eyes closed I reach out my hand,
Move towards your figure
And gladly give in.

Yet in thoughts your voice comes forth,
Smooth, silky, and soft, whispering
'No my dear, your time is not yet'..

And I softly whisper...

'What is it you want from me'
Oh sweet death?


By Moonstar
http://www.creative-poems.com/poem.php?id=268856

No comments:

Post a Comment